Monday, April 28, 2008

Enough already! You blog host and his family live right smack in the middle of ground zero for these shakers - northwest Reno. You know, it's not the rolling and shaking that gets me. It's the sound your dwelling makes when it's being subjected to forces that it ordinarily does not have to contend with - the creaks, the shudders... how do you describe those sounds with words? To date we have only lost one piece of pottery... But I'll count ourselves very lucky if this turns out to be the full extent of damage!

I thought I'd share my "redneck earthquake tiedown" method for home electronics. After being rattled out of bed at almost midnight on Friday, the ubiquitous duct tape was here employed to secure stereo components from falling to the floor!


No comments:

Post a Comment